All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionDid you kw that carbs are killing you? And t just unhealthy carbs like sugar and white bread but healthy carbs, too. That's right: whole grains, brown rice, even certain fruits are destroying your brain, causing: * dementia * ADHD * anxiety * insomnia * chronic headaches * depression In GRAIN BRAIN, David Perlmutter, MD, explains what happens when the brain encounters common carbs like wheat and fructose (the natural sugar found in fruit) and why an extremely low-carb, high-fat diet is ideal. He debunks beliefs about antioxidants, demonstrates how we can take control of the master switches in our DNA and offers an in-depth look at some of our most pernicious maladies, explaining how all of these can be remedied without drugs. The book offers a 30-day plan to a healthier brain - with daily menus, recipes and supplement recommendations. With anecdotes based on Dr. Perlmutter's work, scientific research and more, GRAIN BRAIN teaches us how we can take control of our brain health and change our lives forever.
- Author BiographyDavid Perlmutter, MD, is president of the Perlmutter Health Center in Naples, Florida and the co-founder and president of The Perlmutter Brain Foundation. He is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Humanitarian of the Year Award from the American College of Nutrition and the Linus Pauling Award and he serves on the Medical Advisory Board of The Dr. Oz Show. A frequent lecturer, he writes a blog at VanguardNeurologist.com and is a contributor to The Huffington Post. He is the author of The Better Brain Book, Raise a Smarter Child by Kindergarten and Power Up Your Brain.
- Author(s)David Perlmutter,Kristin Loberg
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Out-of-print date29/11/2013
- Weight568 g
- Width159 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.