All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrating grammar and composition, this comprehensive new edition guides the advanced student through progressively more complex types of writing by organizing the grammar lessons on a functionalist basis around the needs of composition. This invative approach to teaching Spanish grammar and composition promotes systematic language development and enables students to strengthen their expressive and editing skills in the language in order to write more effectively and more confidently. Refined by years of classroom testing and analysis of the problems students encounter, this bestselling textbook has been substantially rewritten and incorporates current research in composition, pedagogy, second-language acquisition, and linguistics. Expanded self-correcting exercises are also available online, making Gramatica para la composition one of the most valuable textbooks available for advanced students of Spanish. This title focuses on work in six level-appropriate types of composition: description, sypsis, personal narrative, creative narrative, exposition, and argumentation. It is based on ACTFL guidelines for students progressing from intermediate to advanced levels of proficiency. It covers syntax, dictionary skills, problematic word distinctions, and rhetorical features of discourse structure. It contains exercises on grammar practice, working with sentences and paragraphs, guided essays, and free composition. New to the second Edition: each lesson has been clearly divided into two distinct parts - presentation (material that students prepare before class) and Application (the activities they do in class or as homework); and, practices individuals have been expanded and recreated as self-checking exercises that provide immediate feedback and scoring. These practices are available for free online at our associated website. It includes images from William Bull's Visual Grammar of Spanish help with distinctions that seem difficult. It contains an Instructor's Manual - available for free online - reviews teaching and grading methodology for writing-intensive courses, offers suggestions for syllabus organization and for teaching each lesson, and provides additional exercises and activities. To download this free PDF, visit our associated website. Free website created by authors contains self-checking exercises at our associated website.
- Author BiographyM. Stanley Whitley is professor of Spanish and linguistics at Wake Forest University. He is the author of Spanish/English Contrasts: A Course in Spanish Linguistics and coauthor of Pronouncing English: A Stress-Based Approach with CD-ROM. Luis Gonzalez is associate professor of Spanish at Wake Forest University.
- Author(s)Luis Gonzalez,M. Stanley Whitley
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2007
- LanguageSpanish & Spanish
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight976 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.