All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrating grammar and composition, this new edition of the best-selling textbook guides the advanced student through progressively more complex types of writing by organizing the grammar lessons on a functionalist basis around the needs of composition. This invative approach to teaching Spanish grammar and composition promotes systematic language development and enables students to strengthen their expressive and editing skills in the language in order to write more effectively and confidently. Refined by years of classroom testing and analysis of the problems students encounter, this new edition features the following: a new, colorful design helps students navigate the book more easily and engages visual learning strategies. It offers readings for the major composition exercises have been updated to stress authentic, connected discourse. It offers a fully redesigned companion website (www.books.quia.com) that works with both PCs and Macs and is sold separately. The site offers two-thirds more activities than the previous edition and features an instructor's interface for tracking student progress. It provides a streamlined treatment of points of grammar, including an explanation for more than twelve functions of se with a rule of subject reflexivization. It offers the instructor's manual for Gramatica para la composicion, tercera edicion is available for free on the press's website. It is a wonderful resource for instructors, the manual includes details on updates to the new edition, suggested lesson sequences for different course lengths, and a sectional index of the text.
- Author BiographyM. Stanley Whitley is professor emeritus of Spanish and linguistics at Wake Forest University. He is the author of Spanish/English Contrasts: A Course in Spanish Linguistics, coauthor of Teaching Spanish Grammar with Pictures: How to Use William Bull's Visual Grammar of Spanish, and coauthor of Pronouncing English: A Stress-Based Approach with CD-ROM. Luis Gonzalez is associate professor of Spanish at Wake Forest University. Claudia Ospina is lecturer in Spanish at Wake Forest University.
- Author(s)Luis Gonzalez,M. Stanley Whitley
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2015
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Note125 color illus., 50 b&w illus.
- Weight1542 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Student Manual/Study Guide
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.