All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe big difference between grammar and rocket science is that most of us can get by just fine in life without kwing anything about rocket science. Not so grammar. Do I say 'him and me, ' or 'he and I'? is a major question on many writers' minds. How about who and whom? or then and than? you're and your? These valid questions send many people to their keyboard, seeking online solutions because, up to w, there hasn't been an easy-to-read, encouraging, actually fun resource to answer people's basic questions about writing and grammar. Carolyn Henderson's Grammar Despair is such a resource, providing, as she promises, quick simple solutions to a variety of common grammar and writing questions, including that He and I and Him and Me one. Short, fast-paced, informative and entertaining, Grammar Despair can be read in one sitting, then set on the desk (or in the e-reader) for repeated referral. Carolyn's clear, concise explanations to common problems avoids what she calls Grammar Speak, providing solutions in everyday language, without the expectation that the reader be an expert in grammar. Grammar Despair begins with Words That Sound the Same but Are Used Differently -- It's and Its; Their/There/They're; Will and Well; Two/To/Too, and more; then progresses to some basics on Writing Mechanics: varying sentence structure so that you don't sound like a robot or a six-year-old child; formal versus informal writing and when to use each; capitalization essentials. And, because more and more people are blogging and writing online, Carolyn touches upon Things We Didn't Worry About 150 Years ago like Search Engine Optimization and how it can affect your writing; overuse of meaningless words, like intention; and the gender question -- do you use he when you don't kw the gender of the person you're talking about, or he/she, or they? Writers of all caliber and experience levels enjoy Grammar Despair as a user friendly resource to some of the most common writing issues in the English language.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Henderson is the creator of the lifestyle column, This Woman Writes, and is the co-owner of Steve Henderson Fine Art. A columnist for Fine Art Views and Artist Daily online, as well as a contributing writer for media aggregate ThoughtfulWomen.com, Carolyn is a 20-year veteran home educator who understands people who want to write well but don't want to be bogged down in grammar affairs.
- Author(s)Carolyn V Henderson
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.