All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaster the skills of clear and effective writing with GRAMMAR AND USAGE, NATURALLY. Class-tested by students like you, this easy-to-understand book offers clear, detailed explanations using correct grammar termilogy and multiple practice sets to help you build the grammar kwledge you need to be a successful writer-skills you'll take with you through your academic career and beyond. Components at Work features give you lots of practice and combine concepts cumulative to that chapter. You also practice grammar skills in conjunction with reading and writing skills, reinforcing your skill set and building your confidence as a reader and writer.
- Author BiographyLawrence (Larry Barkley) has been teaching for nearly 32 years at both public and private colleges and universities. For the last 23 years he has taught various levels of English at MSJC. His publications have appeared in Fine Gardening, The Carousel News & Trader, Gissing Newsletter, Chaucer Review, inside english, and TETYC. He has presented at the League for Innovation in Community Colleges' Conference on Information Technology, the ECCTYC Statewide Conference, NISOD, International Wizard of Oz Club Conference, and Cengage Learning's TeamUP Developmental Education Conference. He co-authored, with Rise Axelrod and Charles Cooper, the 4th and 5th editions of Sticks and Stones and Other Student Essays. With his co-author, Christine Sandoval, he has written Grammar and Usage, Naturally. For relaxation he studies and practices Qigong and plays tai chi. Christine Sandoval, an Associate Professor of English, has been teaching at Riverside City College in California for sixteen years. She has taught creative writing and literary magazine production, various literature courses, and college level composition, but her true passion is developmental English. During her tenure at RCC, she has been actively involved in creating the learning communities program CAP (Community for Academic Progress), as well as a supplemental instructional leader program. Her most recent project, Completion Counts, involves working collaboratively with high school English teachers to better prepare students for college level reading and writing. Along with her co-writer Lawrence Barkley, she has written GRAMMAR AND USAGE, NATURALLY, a developmental English textbook that will be published by Cengage Learning in 2014.
- Author(s)Christine Sandoval,Larry Barkley
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width179 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.