All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAcross America, in thousands of classrooms, Don and Jenny Killgallon's sentence-composing approach has given students tools to become more proficient, sophisticated writers. Now the Killgallons present the first-ever high school grammar book that teaches grammar through sentence composing. Grammar for High School: A Sentence-Composing Approach gives students the chance to absorb and replicate the grammar used in some of the finest vels, including student favorites and curricular standbys such as John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird, Ernest Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea, and William Golding's Lord of the Flies. Fourteen grammatical structures are developed as writing tools in an accessible, understandable, and similar manner through the sentence-composing approach. For each structure students will:
- learn a clear definition of its characteristics and function
- practice it through five guided sentence-composing activities
- deepen their understanding through an independent creative writing activity
- vary the tools through multiplying and combining them.
- Author(s)Donald Killgallon,Jenny Killgallon
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication06/07/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Weight422 g
- Width217 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.