All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionAntonio Gramsci was an invative and wide-ranging thinker whose interpretations of Marxism helped rescue it from determinism and ecomic reductionism. In the words of Stuart Hall: 'Reading Gramsci has fertilised our political imagination, transformed our way of thinking, our style of thought, our whole political project'. Gramsci's creative use of terms such as hegemony, civil society and historic block adds a new dimension to political vocabulary. But the fragmentary nature of his writings, especially in the Prison Notebooks, means that it is t always easy to grasp the full significance of his ideas. This book, completely revised in 1991 and further revised in 2015, provides an account of Gramsci's work which makes his writing accessible and comprehensible for the contemporary reader.
- Author BiographyRoger Simon was an economist and researcher who played a major role in the 1970s and 1980s in making available and disseminating English translations of Gramsci's writings.
- PublisherLawrence and Wishart Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLawrence & Wishart Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.