All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Enthusiastic, pleasingly madcap' Geographical Adventure - something that's new and exhilarating, outside your comfort zone. Adventures change you and how you see the world, and all you need is an open mind, bags of enthusiasm and boundless curiosity. So what's a GRAND ADVENTURE - it is the most life-changing, career-enhancing, personality-forging, fun adventure of your life. Following on from his popular Microadventures, in Grand Adventures Alastair Humphreys shines a spotlight on the real-life things that get in the way: stuff like time, money or your other commitments. Grand Adventures is also crammed with hard-won wisdom from people who have actually been there and done that: by boat and boot, car and kayak, bicycle and motorbike. People who had one epic trip then returned to rmal life, or who got bitten so badly by the bug that they devoted their life to the pursuit of adventure. Young people, old people. Men, women. Mates, couples, families. Extraordinary, inspiring people. People like you. Saving your pennies, overcoming inertia, generating momentum, getting out the front door: if you want it eugh, you can do it. Tiny steps to a grand adventure. Are you in?
- Author BiographyAlastair Humphreys is a British adventurer, author, blogger, film-maker and photographer. He spent over four years cycling round the world, a journey of 46,000 miles through 60 countries and across five continents. More recently, Alastair has walked across southern India, rowed across the Atlantic Ocean, run six marathons through the Sahara desert, completed a crossing of Iceland, and participated in an expedition in the Arctic, close to the magnetic North Pole. He has trekked 1,000 miles across the Empty Quarter desert and 120 miles round the M25 motorway - one of his pioneering microadventures. He has written nine books and has been named as one of National Geographic's Adventurers of the Year.
- Author(s)Alastair Humphreys
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Content NoteIndex
- Weight640 g
- Width176 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.