All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Lafite Rothschild to Angelus to Cheval Blanc, Bordeaux produces the world's finest wines. This gift volume - featuring gilded - edged pages - recounts the histories of twelve of Bordeaux's most prestigious wine estates. Mysterious Petrus, powerful Mouton Rothschild, elite Pichon Longueville Baron, and charming Montrose-together they create a surprising, spectacular, and contemporary image of wine today. The famous chateaux have each called upon esteemed architects to reflect the elegant wines in the graceful lines of their estates and cellars: Lord Norman Foster's revation preserves the neo-Palladian spirit of Chateau Margaux, Jacques Garcia softened Chateau Cos d'Estournel's steel-and-glass winery with India - inspired decorative elements, and Jean Nouvel tucked a high-tech new chai inside La Dominique's listed UNESCO World Heritage site. Prominent wine critic James Suckling's detailed tasting tes offer insight into these mythical wines and the invative vinification methods behind their unparalleled quality and prestige. With evocative photography that showcases the beauty of the wine, vineyards, and architecture of these magnificent estates, this volume is completed with biographies of the featured architects and a list of the chateaux open to the public.
- Author BiographyGuillaume de Laubier s photographs have appeared in A Home in Paris and Saint-Emilion. Philippe Chaix is cofounder of the award-winning Chaix & Morel and Associates architecture studio. James Suckling, wine editor for the asian edition of Tatler and video blogger, is former senior editor and European bureau chief of Wine Spectator.
- Author(s)James Suckling,Philippe Chaix,Richard Suckling
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication06/05/2016
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight1800 g
- Width265 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.