All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Grand Canyon was destined to become an American treasure. Unparalleled in its ermity, visitors come from all over the world to experience this great place. From prospectors and homesteaders to the railroads and their luxurious flagship lodges, vintage postcards and beautiful, present-day photographs are used to follow the development of tourism at the Grand Canyon and its influence as a National Park. Early promoters, including the Santa Fe and Union Pacific railroads, did much to influence the park as we kw it today. Scenes include dramatic rim views, rugged trail-side settings, wildlife, the El Tovar Hotel and other historic properties made famous by the Fred Harvey Company, and the stone-sculpted visitor facilities crafted by Mary Colter. This book offers a timeless account of the park's scenic and historic significance while providing a treasured keepsake for those who love the national parks.
- Author BiographySuzanne Silverthorn is a postcard collector and historian. I-Ting Chiang's fondness for America's outdoors has been transformed into a vast portfolio of landscapes, wildlife, and birds photographed from across the country.
- Author(s)Chiang I-Ting,Suzanne Silverthorn
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note316 colour & 27 b/w illus
- Weight1030 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.