All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA visually stunning and groundbreaking new book. Grand Finales: The Art of The Plated Dessert explores the intimate connection between flavor and presentation with recipes that are truly extraordinary. Thanks to the magnificent efforts of the pastry chefs in this book, the language of desserts will never be the same. -Jacques Torres, Le Cirque, New York A Gallery for the New Century A New Way to See, Taste, and Appreciate Neo-Classicism Echoes a classic dessert in form, preparation, or ingredients. Minimalism A single, primitive form supported by spare garnish. Illusionism Resembles a person, object, or scene. Architecturalism Features a prominent vertical component. Impressionism Communicates a theme or mood. Modernism Abstract forms with bold colors and a satirical edge. Performance Art Displays action at the touch of fork or spoon. Eclecticism Combines elements from other schools found herein. Fusionism Includes an ingredient or seasoning outside the European and American dessert tradition.
- Author BiographyTISH BOYLE is food editor of Chocolatier and Pastry Art & Design magazines. A graduate of Smith College and La Varenne Ecole de Cuisine in Paris, Tish has had such varied occupations as truck dispatcher, chef on tourist barges in Burgundy and Bordeaux, caterer, pastry chef, food stylist, and editor at Good Housekeeping magazine. A former freelance recipe developer, she has developed recipes for corporations such as T.J. Lipton as well as various food magazines. TIMOTHY MORIARTY is features editor of Chocolatier magazine as well as Pastry Art & Design, both published by the Haymarket Group in New York. In his fourteen years as a magazine editor, Tim has been editor-in-chief and founding editor of several consumer magazines, covering such topics as health, fitness, computer software, and cinema. He is the author of dozens of nonfiction articles and short stories, and his first novel, Vampire Nights, was published in 1989 by Pinnacle Books. Tim, his wife, and two sons live in Westchester, NY.
- Author(s)Timothy Moriarty,Tish Boyle
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/1996
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Note120 photographs
- Weight1444 g
- Width224 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.