All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of when Grand Prix was out of control. Mechanical failure, lethal track design, fire and incompetence snuffed out dozens of eager young drivers, who had become almost expendable. It was the '60s and early '70s and this waste of life was often televised for millions to see. With boycotts of the prestigious Belgian and German Grand Prix, drivers fought to get their voices heard but it would be a long and painful time before conditions changed. Featuring many famous drivers, including three World Champions - Emerson Fittipaldi, Sir Jackie Stewart and John Surtees OBE - John L Matthews goes to the heart of these deadly years in the Grand Prix and tells the story in the words of the men who were there.
- Author BiographyJohn L Matthews is a film-maker whose production company, Bigger Picture Films, created the BBC documentary, Grand Prix: TheKiller Years, which was long-listed for a BAFTA. This is his first book.
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication26/02/2016
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArena Sport
- Content Noteb/w & 8pp colour plates
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edited byJohn Matthews
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.