All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of over forty recipes and stories recounted by grandparents who came to Hong Kong from China before World War II, Grandma Grandpa Cook is a celebration of the selfless devotion of grandparents to their families, and their contribution to the cultural history of foodways in Hong Kong. Filled with vivid accounts of everyday life during the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong and the riots of 1967, all of this history fades into insignificance when food comes into the picture--traditional Cantonese dishes like carrot and green turnip soup, taro in ginger and brown sugar, and sticky rice dumplings.
- Author BiographyEvelyna Liang: An artist and art educator who works with community Art in Hong Kong, China and Asia. She founded Art in Hospital and Art for All in the early 2000s. Both groups aim at using art to help the needy and underprivileged communities.Michael Wolf: Born in Munich, Germany, Wolf grew up in the USA and studied at UC Berkley and at the University of Essen in Germany. Living and working as a photographer and author in China for ten years, Wolf has been intensively concerned with vernacular culture.Yang Yeung: An independent curator, writer and university lecturer, upon graduating from Yale University with an M.A. in anthropology, she worked as a documentary video director at Radio Television Hong Kong. In 2008, she founded 'soundpocket' to promote sound art and its research and education.
- PublisherMCCM Creations
- Date of Publication12/03/2010
- LanguageEnglish & Chinese
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationCentral Hong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintMCCM Creations
- Content Notefull colour images, bilingual (eng / chinese)
- Weight699 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byYeung Yang
- Photographs byMichael Wolf
- Edition StatementLimited edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.