All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCancer is a very frightening and mysterious disease from which children are often sheltered because parents are uncertain as to how to deal with it. This book draws upon real life episodes between a grandmother and her granddaughter to help children better understand what happens when family members are afflicted with cancer. The message it conveys is one of hope, love, and caring. Colleen Buckley resides in New Jersey with her husband. She has two married children and two grandchildren; she has been a nurse for over 25 years. Cancer is stranger to Colleen, who has lost her father, her grandmother, and two of her sister-in-laws to this disease. Her husband, mother, and ather sister-in-law are cancer survivors. Colleen's inspiration for this book has been her sister, Kathy's, ongoing fight with ovarian cancer. Colleen is currently working on a second children's book about cancer. Kim Sponaugle has illustrated The Adventures of Beatrice books and the Anna Banana and Corey's Story series for young readers. She resides in Salem County, NJ with her husband Jerry, son Josh and feisty little westie, Casey.
- Author(s)Colleen Buckley
- PublisherDog Ear Publishing
- Date of Publication26/09/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDog Ear Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width213 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kim Sponaugle
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.