All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionXiao Le's grandmother lives in a faraway village. A visit with Grandma is always a special event, but this time she is frail. With encouragement from his mom, Xiao Le plays with and helps Grandma. When Grandma dies shortly thereafter, Xiao Le comforts his mom reminding her that when it rains, Grandma is washing her clothes in the sky . . . and that although the Perfume Village in heaven cant be reached by train, it can be accessed by the heart. Fang Suzhen s moving story, with stunning illustrations by Sonja Dawski, is a powerful reminder that love transcends all.
- Author BiographyFang Suzhenis a seasoned children s author who emerged onto Taiwan s children s literary circle in 1975, engaging in and creating children s poetry, fairy tales and picture books. Through her many years of promoting reading, she has become affectionately known, to young and old readers alike, as Miss Rumphus, the woman who sows the seeds of reading. Fang Suzhen has written more than two hundred books and has won numerous awards. Sonja Danowskiis a German artist and illustrator. Her work has been selected several times for the Illustrators Exhibition at the Bologna Children s Book Fair, and she has received numerous international awards for her art. In 2013, she was honored with a Gold Medal by the Korean Nami Island Illustration Concours. She lives in Berlin.
- Author(s)Suzhen Fang
- PublisherNorth-South Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth-South Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width241 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.