All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrandma Panda is a wonderful teacher, a wonderful storyteller--and a wonderful cook! Her grandchildren Baobao and Lingling love staying with her every summer, because at Grandma Panda's house each day is an adventure. This summer, with the help of celebrated velist and artist Mingmei Yip, Grandma will take them to a world filled with Chinese calligraphy, kites, kung fu and more! Along the way, they'll get to hear Grandma's stories of a time long ago in China, when everything began. Bright watercolor illustrations make favorite legends--like the tale of Mulan, the woman warrior, and of Luban, the inventor of the kite--come alive. Come join Grandma Panda, Baobao and Lingling for a summer of fun and learning!
- Author BiographyMingmei Yip began writing and painting during her childhood in Hong Kong. She received her Ph.D. from the University of Paris (Sorbonne) and has studied the traditional Chinese arts of Tai Chi, Qin music, Buddhist sacred chant and calligraphy. Mingmei has collaborated with Carnegie Hall and the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art. She is the author of the popular Chinese Children's Favorite Stories and four novels: Skeleton Women, Peach Blossom Pavilion, Petals from the Sky and Song of the Silk Road. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Mingmei Yip
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Note24 Full Colour Illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width267 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.