All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever come to the end of Christmas Day and thought to yourself where did the day go? You could feel like that because you enjoyed every moment of the day and wanted more or because the day was coming to an end and the excitement you hoped you'd feel was missing. Over the years, Shirley Morningstar's Christmas experience was a blend of both. She felt some joy and wanted more but, when the day ended, she was always left wondering, is that all there is? In the past few years that thought was quickly followed by ather, w I have to wait ather year to get it right. As a result, Shirley longer looks forward to Christmas the way she did when she was a child. Her concern about the day is heightened because each December 26th she's required to attend a meeting at work where each employee recaps their Christmas. She dislikes this annual rehash session so much that last year she called in sick to avoid it and the one-on-one discussions that followed throughout the day. This Christmas, Shirley is determined to break with the past. To that end, she carefully crafts and implements a plan which she believes will ensure her family has the best Christmas ever. Beginning on Christmas Eve, Shirley is forced to deal with unplanned events which threaten the success of her plan. In the process of dealing with all the situations, she finally understands something her grandmother told her many Christmases ago. That truth applies to everyone, t only on Christmas, but every day of their life. It's her grandmother's gift which keeps on giving and is w being shared with you. Enjoy it!
- Author BiographyMichael Smith is a published freelance writer and eBook author. He writes young adult adventure novels, books that examine spirituality, children's picture books that teach practical information, stories centered on Christmas, short stories and magazine articles. He has six published books: Kevin Murphy Takes on the Father of Lies; Hounded! My Spiritual Journey; Cutter, My Christmas Gift; Kevin Murphy, The Quest for Queen Grace's Pardon Begins; Aurora in Cyberworld; and Grandma's Christmas Gift. Two of Michael's short stories have received Writer's Digest honorable mentions. The January, 2012, edition of The Path, a literary magazine created to publish short stories written by first time authors, highlighted an article he wrote entitled 'Follow the Proven Path' which describes the writing approaches that separate standout authors from the pack. As a boy, Michael became interested in storytelling while listening to the tall tales his relatives told at every family gathering. In school he learned from Poe to hold the readers' interest by keeping them wondering what will happen next and how the story will end. These two experiences taught him a good story must be unique and contain an element of suspense that hooks the readers and keeps them turning the pages as quickly as they can. While working on an MBA at Marquette University, Michael wrote and edited two chapters of a bestselling college textbook and the entire book length teacher's guide that accompanied it. Following graduation Michael worked as a consultant and software developer. In 2000 he sold his successful international software development and marketing business so he could write books as well as develop software designed to help people write more effectively.
- Author(s)MR M J Smith Sr
- Date of Publication02/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.