All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionTo treat a cold sore: as soon as the first symptoms are detected, put honey on the affected part of the lip. To cure toothache: make a plug of cotton wool, soak it in whisky and apply it to the troublesome tooth. For fainting: chop an onion and persuade the patient to inhale the fumes until tears come. Grandma's Remedies is an endlessly fascinating collection of traditional cures and treatments for everything from acne to wasp stings. Many are surprisingly effective, and all of them paint a vivid picture of the world of our grandparents and great-grandparents, where resourceful and inventive women were the guardians of family health. If you're intrigued by the traditional and natural approach to healthcare, if you've ever wondered how to make a poultice or a tincture, or even if you just want to find out about the more domestic side of history, Grandma's Remedies is interesting - and enlightening - reading.
- Author BiographyFor many years, Cherry Chappell has been a public relations practitioner and writer in the fields of health and wellbeing, covering both orthodox and complementary medicine. She lives in London and Cornwall. Her other books include Minding Your Own Business: Survival Strategies for Starting Up on Your Own, How to Write Better Letters and Perfect Wedding Planning.
- Author(s)Cherry Chappell
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.