All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you're among the millions of grandparents raising grandchildren today, you need information, support, and practical guidance you can count on to keep your family strong. This is the book for you. Learn effective strategies to help you cope with the stresses of parenting the second time around, care for vulnerable grandkids and set boundaries with their often-troubled parents, and navigate the maze of government aid, court proceedings, and special education. Wise, honest, moving stories show how numerous other grandparents are surviving and thriving in their new roles. Updated throughout, and reflecting current laws and policies affecting families, the second edition features new discussions of kids' techlogy use and other timely issues.
- Author BiographySylvie de Toledo, LCSW, BCD, is Founder and Clinical Director of Grandparents as Parents, Inc., a nonprofit organization based in Los Angeles, California, and is a recognized expert on issues affecting grandparents and other relative caregivers. She has received awards and other honors from organizations including the Alliance for Children's Rights, the Southern California Psychiatric Society, the United States Senate's Special Committee on Aging, and the California Coalition of Relative Caregivers. Her website is www.grandparentsasparents.org. Deborah Edler Brown is an award-winning journalist and poet based in Los Angeles. She was a long-time reporter for Time magazine and has written for numerous other publications, including Psychiatric Times.
- Author(s)Deborah Edler Brown,Sylvie De Toledo
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication27/06/2013
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.