Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionMouth-watering recipes from a disappearing era: at 95 years old, the lovely Dulcie May Booker shares her 76 best recipes and cooking tips in this handsome volume peppered with reminiscences and photographs of her life as dressmaker, market gardener and homemaker extraordinaire. Compiled by Dulcie's granddaughter, talented 'foodie' Natalie Oldfield, this cookbook will satisfy the current interest in traditional New Zealand cookery in a personal way, by focusing on one woman's authentic, tried-and-true versions of the nation's favourite dishes. Beautifully produced and laden with at least one gorgeous full page image per recipe, Gran's Kitchen is practical stalgia: it contains easy-to- follow instructions on how to make Dulcie's excellent, classic fare, from hearty fisherman breakfasts to dance supper dainties, as well as Dulcie's secrets to award-winning baking,cooking and preserves.
- Author BiographyDulcie May Booker was born in 1913 into a Weymouth farming family. She started cooking s a child on her family's coal range, and was an active member of the Weymouth Country Women's Institute from age 18, famous for her prize-winning scones. She and Fred raised four children and were market gardeners (at harvest time, Dulcie would stay up all night, bottling fruit), before owning a fish shop. She has also been neighbourhood hairdresser, dancehall decorator and sympathetic ear to several Weymouth generations. Natalie Oldfield lives in Auckland, New Zealand. Born with her family's passion for food, she has long experience in hospitality, including establishing several corporate cafes and function venues. Gran's Kitchen is Natalie's tribute to her grandmother and the love of cooking she has inspired.
- Author(s)Natalie Oldfield
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Weight1070 g
- Width227 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.