Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGranta 129 brings you twenty-two meditations on fate in all its many forms. From Joseph Roth's reflection on Sarajevo in the wake of the First World War to Cynthia Ozick's exploration of the limits of belief, this issue stretches our understanding of fate, both in fact and in fiction. Striking the keys of the same typewriter that once sat under J.G. Ballard's fingers, Will Self reimagines the legendary writer's last days. Mark Gevisser investigates transgender identities in America. Louise Erdrich presents a world where bodies can be traded in for a digital afterlife. In an extract from her forthcoming vel, Miranda July describes the awkward dynamics between an uptight office worker, her love interest and a disruptive twenty-year-old. Fatima Bhutto depicts the mounting of tensions between Christian and Muslim families in a remote valley in Pakistan and Granta's Best of Young British Novelist Helen Oyeyemi charts a course through an age of papyrus letters and mysterious maps in Barcelona's enigmatic Casa Mila. Fate features debut fiction by Sam Coll and S.J. Naude, as well as new writing by Kent Haruf, Sasa Stanisic, Andrea Stuart, Anjan Sundaram, Isabella Tree and Tim Winton and poetry by Mark Doty, Adam Fitzgerald, Barbara Ras and Mary Ruefle. It includes photography of Nazi moliths along the coastline of rthwest Europe by Ianthe Ruthven and a collection of Mexican miracle paintings with an introduction by Francisco Goldman.
- Author BiographySigrid Rausing is Acting Editor and Publisher of Granta magazine and of Granta and Portobello Books. She is the author of History, Memory and Identity in Post Soviet Estonia: the End of a Collective Farm and Everything is Wonderful, forthcoming from Grove Atlantic in the US and UK, and translated into four different languages.
- Author(s)Sigrid Rausing
- PublisherGranta Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication24/10/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGranta Publications Ltd
- Weight375 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.