Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.56+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThough as cunning as ever, the formidable Skullion - previously head porter, w elevated to Master - is showing signs of physical frailty after his stroke. So the tricky business of appointing a new Master must start all over again. Meanwhile the College's monstrous debts refuse to go away, and a sinister American media mogul seems determined to make a television documentary on the premises, destroying part of the chapel in the process. Moreover, the widow of the previous Master is convinced that her husband was murdered, so she plants an agent in the Senior Common Room to dig up an unpleasant truth that everyone else would prefer kept under the carpet. Faced with such continuing crises, the instinct of the true Porterhouse man is to reach for the bottle - or to fall back on the subtle and traditional Cambridge skills of blackmail and kidnap. But will those be eugh?
- Author BiographyTom Sharpe was born in 1928 and educated at Lancing College and Pembroke College, Cambridge. He did his national service in the Marines before moving to South Africa in 1951, where he did social work before teaching in Natal. He had a photographic studio in Pietermaritzburg from 1957 until 1961, and from 1963 to 1972 he was a lecturer in History at the Cambridge College of Arts and Technology. He is the author of sixteen bestselling novels, including Porterhouse Blue and Blott on the Landscape, which were serialised on television, and Wilt, which was made into a film. In 1986 he was awarded the XXIIIeme Grand Prix de l'Humour Noir Xavier Forneret, and in 2010 he was awarded the inaugural BBK La Risa de Bilbao Prize. He is married and divides his time between Cambridge, England, and northern Spain.
- Author(s)Tom Sharpe
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePorterhouse Blue Series
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight347 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.