All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New York Times Best-Selling Series Continues! Return to Grantville, the American town lost in time, as Heavy Metal Music, Power Mowers, Insider Trading, and the Semper Fi Attitude Bewilder and Subvert the Seventeenth Century Beyond Recognition. After the West Virginia town of Grantville was unceremoniously hurled back through time to the 1630s, the seventeenth century would never be the same. Teenage capitalist girls have formed an investment group; a litype operator, whose profession was wiped out by computers, finds a new life in an old century; a narrow gauge railroad, with a sit-down mower doubling as a locomotive, revolutionizes military transportation; the proud tradition of the U.S. Marines is started ahead of schedule among downtime Europeans; and what will the master musicians and composers of the pre-Bach era make of heavy metal sounds? Interwoven are factual articles on the problems of beginning an oil industry, building a machine gun, and starting up the manufacture of textiles centuries ahead of their time. All this and more in a new and absolutely indispensable volume for the many followers of the 1632 series.
- Author BiographyEric Flint is the author/creator of the New York Times best-selling Ring of Fire series. His impressive first novel, Mother of Demons (Baen), was selected by SF Chronicle as one of the best novels of 1997. With David Drake he has written six popular novels in the Belisarius series, including the new novel The Dance of Time, and with David Weber collaborated on 1633, and 1634: The Baltic War, two novels in the Ring of Fire series, and on Crown of Slaves, a best of the year pick by Publishers Weekly. Flint received his masters degree in history from UCLA and was for many years a labor union activist. He lives in East Chicago, IL, with his wife and is working on more books in the best-selling Ring of Fire series.
- Author(s)Eric Flint
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication03/06/2008
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Out-of-print date02/11/2012
- Weight535 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $52.03Trending at AU $61.25
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.