Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionSince the publication of the first edition of Grasses: Bromus to Paspalum in 1972, twenty-two additional taxa of grasses have been discovered in Illiis that are properly placed in this volume. In addition, numerous menclatural changes have occurred for plants previously discovered, and many distributional records have been added. New keys have been prepared for each genus where additional species from Illiis are kwn. For new species, full-page illustrations are provided. This second edition updates the status of Illiis grasses. The book features 263 figures from the first edition plus 21 new figures for this edition by Paul W. Nelson. Genera of grasses included in this work are Aegilops, Agropyron, Agrostis, Aira, Alopecurus, Anthoxanthum, Avena, Beckmannia, Briza, Bromus, Calamagrostis, Cinna, Dactylis, Deschampsia, Elyhordeum, Elymus, Elytrigia, Festuca, Hierochloe, Holcus, Hordeum, Koeleria, Lolium, Milium, Paspalum, Pennisetum, Phalaris, Phleum, Poa, Puccinellia, Sclerochloa, Secale, Sphepholis, Torreyochloa, Triticum, and Vulpia.
- Author BiographyRobert H. Mohlenbrock taught botany at Southern Illinois University Carbondale for thirty-four years, obtaining the title of Distinguished Professor. After his retirement in 1990, he joined Biotic Consultants as a senior scientist teaching wetland identification classes in twenty-six states to date. Mohlenbrock has been named SIU Outstanding Scholar and has received the SIU Alumnus Teacher of the Year Award, the AMOCO Outstanding Teacher Award, and the Meritorious Teacher of the Year Award from the Association of Southeastern Biologists. During his career at Southern Illinois University, ninety graduate students earned degrees under his direction. Since 1984, he has been a monthly columnist for Natural History magazine. Among his forty-five books and more than five hundred publications are Macmillan's Field Guide to North American Wildflowers, Field Guide to the U.S. National Forests, and Where Have All the Wildflowers Gone?
- Author(s)Robert H. Mohlenbrock
- PublisherSouthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2002
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Series TitleIllustrated Flora of Illinois
- Place of PublicationCarbondale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouthern Illinois University Press
- Content Note284 illustrations, references
- Weight708 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.