All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionGratitude and Grace: The Writings of Michael Mayne offers an introduction and overview of the five bestselling books by one of the United Kingdom's finest spiritual writers, Michael Mayne, who served as dean of Westminster Abbey from 1986 to 1996. Previously, he had served as vicar of Great St. Mary's (the University Church), Cambridge, and as Head of Religious Programmes for BBC Radio. Mayne's primary vocation was that of pastor, t writer, but his deep pastoral wisdom shines through in his books. Though clearly Christian in orientation, Michael Mayne's books were written to appeal to all who are on a quest to integrate spirituality into their daily lives. His work recalls the very best of English pastoral writing, such as that of George Herbert, Thomas Traherne, and Francis Kilvert. The list of the finest English pastoral books w includes those by Michael Mayne (d. 2006). Gratitude and Grace: The Writings of Michael Mayne is the first book-length treatment of Mayne's writings and will remain the starting point of Mayne studies for years to come.
- Author BiographyThe Rev. Dr. Joel W. Huffstetler is rector of St. Luke's Episcopal Church in Cleveland, Tennessee. He served as rector of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in Canton, North Carolina, and as assistant to the rector of St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He is the author of Boundless Love: The Parable of the Prodigal Son and Reconciliation (University Press of America, 2008), as well as two other books, numerous articles, and reviews.
- Author(s)Joel W. Huffstetler
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication29/09/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.