All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionEngland 2005: the year of the London Tube bombings. A world dominated by the internet and the fear of terrorism. But the ancient pagan religions of witchcraft and Wicca are making a comeback. Most Wiccans are ordinary people united by a simple New-Age faith in Nature and ancient spirits. But hidden in their depths lurks a sinister organisation, the Wakened, who plan to restore Wicca as the primary religion of Britain, and seem prepared to kill to achieve it Owen is a young up-and-coming Cambridge biologist whose comfortable middle-class life is torn apart by the death of his girlfriend Sarah. Owen's quest to bring her killers to justice takes him into the core of the Wakened, where he uncovers ancient clues to the roots of Wicca. After being drawn into a Wiccan terrorist plot, he finds himself sliding helplessly from respected academic to hunted criminal. This vel is fiction: a mystery/thriller. But embedded within it is ancient kwledge, fused with insights from modern astromical kwledge, questioning the origin of Wicca and witchcraft.
- Author BiographyThis is the first novel from Ray Norris, a British and Australian astrophysicist whose day-job is to research the origin and evolution of galaxies shortly after the Big Bang. He also researches Australian Aboriginal astronomy, and the astronomy of British Bronze-age stone circles and other megalithic monuments. As well as over 250 professional publications, he frequently appears on radio and TV, and performs in a stage show called The First Astronomers. For relaxation, he walks the moors of Dartmoor and the Australian bush, and writes. And, no, he's not Owen.
- Author(s)Ray Norris
- PublisherEmu Dreaming
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBaulkham Hill, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintEmu Dreaming
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.