All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA spooky fantasy-adventure in which death is only the beginning! When Ben Harvester meets the mysterious Mr. October in London's Highgate Cemetery, he has idea what a strange and dramatic turn his life is about to take. But Ben soon discovers that Mr. October works for the Ministry of Pandemonium, a secret organization responsible for tracking down lost souls and guiding them to the afterlife. And Mr. October wants him to be his new recruit. As Ben's apprenticeship begins, his eyes are opened to a new world of wonder -- a world where magic is real and ghosts haunt every crime scene, accident site, and hospital corridor. But with the wonder comes horror. Because the Ministry is t the only organization hunting spirits of the dead. The ghoulish Lords of Sundown want those spirits for their own sinister reasons. And as far as they're concerned, Ben's just chosen the wrong side in a very dangerous war. Ill-mannered spooks and fearsome monsters populate the alternative London of this charming pararmal adventure!
- Author BiographyChris Westwood was born in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the son of a coal miner and a school teacher. He is the author of A Light in the Black, which was a runner up for the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize, and Calling All Monsters. He now lives part of the time in his native West Yorkshire, part of the time in East London, and the rest of the time in a world of his own.
- Author(s)Chris Westwood
- PublisherScholastic Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Press
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.