All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis most up-to-date, one-stop reference combines coverage of both theory and observational techniques, with introductory sections to bring all readers up to the same level. Written by outstanding researchers directly involved with the scientific program of the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO), the book begins with a brief review of general relativity before going on to describe the physics of gravitational waves and the astrophysical sources of gravitational radiation. Further sections cover gravitational wave detectors, data analysis, and the outlook of gravitational wave astromy and astrophysics.
- Author BiographyJolien D. E. Creighton is an Associate Professor of Physics at the University of Wisconsin?Milwaukee and a member of the LIGO Scientific Collaboration, which he joined in 1998. He received his doctoral degree at the University of Waterloo where he studied the thermodynamical properties of black holes. Warren G. Anderson is a scientist at the University of Wisconsin?Milwaukee and a member of the LIGO Scientific Collaboration, which he joined in 1998. He received his doctorate at the University of Alberta under Werner Israel, where he worked on Black Hole physics, and has also held a tenure track position at The University of Texas at Brownsville. He also received Master's degrees in Medical Physics (University of Alberta) and Applied Mathematics (University of Waterloo).
- Author(s)Jolien D. E. Creighton,Patrick Brady,Warren G. Anderson
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication07/09/2011
- Series TitleWiley Series in Cosmology
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight900 g
- Width177 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.