All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is to become a major reference text for gravitational-wave physics, covering in detail both the experimental and the theoretical aspects. It is the only existing book on gravitational waves to date, and it will likely remain unique for its broadness and scope. It brings the reader to the forefront of present-day research, both theoretical and experimental, assuming previous kwledge of gravitational-wave physics. Part I of Volume 1 is devoted to the theory of gravitational waves. Here we have re-derived - in a coherent way - most of the results that we present, clarifying or streamlining existing derivations. Part II of Volume 1 is devoted to a description of experimental gravitational-wave physics. We discuss in great detail existing and planned experiments, as well as data analysis techniques.
- Author BiographyProf. Michele Maggiore Department of Theoretical Physics, University of Geneva Born in 1963, Michele Maggiore has graduated from University of Pisa in 1986, and has got his PhD from Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa, in 1989. After postdoctoral positions in Bern and at University of Minnesota he became researcher at INFN in Pisa in 1991. Since 2001 he is Professeur Ordinaire (Professor) at the Dept. of Theoretical Physics, University of Geneva. His research interests cover a broad range of subjects, including quantum field theory, quantum gravity, cosmology, string theory, and the study of gravitational waves of astrophysical or cosmological origin. He is also involved in experimental effors for gravitational wave detection.
- Author(s)Michele Maggiore
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/10/2007
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note131 figures
- Weight1411 g
- Width195 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.