Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a timely and extensive biography of a writer who, in the early twentieth century, achieved such status in the literary world that publishers in Italy vied for her vels, and editors felt houred to publish her short stories and 'sketches'. Now, almost seventy years after her death, her vels continue to be reprinted and translated, and critical appreciation of her work continues to grow. Her works still live and have the power to move her readers.
- Author BiographyMartha King went to Italy from Austin, Texas, with a grant to finish a translation of Leopardi's Libaldone. She thought that she might stay a year or two , but never left. She has published extensively on Italian literature since the late 1970s.
- Author(s)Martha King
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication02/03/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleTroubador Italian Studies
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTroubador Publishing
- Weight352 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.