All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCarolyn and Chris Caldicott have travelled the world in pursuit of delicious food. In this book they come home to explore the long-overlooked delights of traditional British cooking. Tried and tested recipes, some with a twist, combine with a stylish evocation of the nation's style; pubs, country lanes, sweet peas in a jar and bracing Sunday walks. Alongside the perfect bacon butty, or an old family recipe for marmalade, there are fascinating historical titbits - did you kw that the Romans introduced rabbits to the British Isles as a food source, or that flocks of Turkeys used to be walked from East Anglia to London? Roll up for the Traditional Sunday Roast, a Ploughman's Lunch, Cauliflower Cheese, a Fish Supper, Steak and Kidney Pudding, Jam Roly-Poly and more!
- Author BiographyFor nearly twenty years CAROLYN CALDICOTT and CHRIS CALDICOTT owned and ran the World Food Cafe in London's Covent Garden, where they cooked and served food prepared from recipes collected on their travels round the world. Chris's glorious photographs appear regularly in newspapers and magazines including the Independent, the Daily Telegraph, Conde Nast Traveller and House & Garden. Chris and Carolyn are co-authors of World Food Cafe (over 100,000 copies sold), Spice Routes, World Food Cafe 2,and Vintage Tea Party, all published by Frances Lincoln. Their World Food Cafe Quick and Easy will be published in September 2013 and Wild Food in March 2014. Carolyn and Chris are based in Winchester.
- Author(s)Carolyn Caldicott,Chris Caldicott
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteOver 100 colour photographs
- Weight499 g
- Width168 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.07New
- AU $14.68New
- AU $23.73New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.33
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $38.78
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $36.08
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $44.34Trending at AU $44.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.