All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionGreat City Parks is a celebration of some of the finest achievements of landscape architecture in the public realm. It is a comparative study of thirty significant public parks in major cities across Western Europe and North America. Collectively, they give a clear picture of why parks have been created, how they have been designed, how they are managed, and what plans are being made for them at the beginning of the twenty-first century. Based on unique research including extensive site visits and interviews with the managing organisations, this book is illustrated throughout with clear plans and photographs- with this new edition featuring full colour throughout. Tate updates his seminal 2001 work with 10 additional parks, including: The High Line in NYC, Golden Gate Park in San Francisco and Westergasfabriek, Amsterdam. All the previous city parks have also been updated and revised to reflect current usage and management. This book reflects a belief that well planned, well designed and well managed parks and park systems will continue to make major contributions to the quality of life in an increasingly urbanized world.
- Author BiographyAlan Tate has a degree in Town and Country Planning, an accredited Diploma in Landscape Design from the University of Manchester, and a PhD in Architecture from Edinburgh College of Art. He has over twenty years' professional experience and is a Fellow and Past President of the United Kingdom Landscape Institute. He has been teaching at the University of Manitoba since 1998 where he was promoted to the position of Professor in 2007 and was Head of Department from 2000 to 2005 and from 2011. Marcella Eaton has a Bachelor of Environmental Studies from the University of Manitoba and a PhD in Landscape Architecture from Edinburgh College of Art. She has many years of professional experience, largely in Toronto, and has been teaching at the University of Manitoba since 1998. She has been Associate Dean Academic in the Faculty of Architecture since 2009.
- Author(s)Alan Tate
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight1428 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.