All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Charles Dickens's most rewned and enjoyable vels, Great Expectations tells the story of Pip, an orphan boy who wishes to transcend his humble origins and finds himself unexpectedly given the opportunity to live a life of wealth and respectability. Over the course of the tale, in which Pip encounters such famous characters as Miss Havisham, Herbert Pocket and Joe Gargery, he comes to realise that his money is tainted and the girl he loves will t return his affections; happiness must be found in the things he gave up in pursuit of a more sophisticated life. Illustrated by various artists, with an afterword by David Pinching. Designed to appeal to the booklover, the Macmillan Collector's Library is a series of beautiful gift editions of much loved classic titles. Macmillan Collector's Library are books to love and treasure.
- Author BiographyCharles Dickens was born in 1812 near Portsmouth, where his father worked as a clerk. Living in London in 1824, Dickens was sent by his family to work in a blacking-warehouse, and his father was arrested and imprisoned for debt. Fortunes improved and Dickens returned to school, eventually becoming a parliamentary reporter. His first piece of fiction was published by a magazine in December 1832, and by 1836 he had begun his first novel, The Pickwick Papers. He focused his career on writing, completing fourteen highly successful novels including Great Expectations, Oliver Twist and Bleak House, as well as penning journalism, shorter fiction and travel books. He died in 1870.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleMacmillan Collector's Library
- Series Part/Volume Number50
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Weight332 g
- Width100 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementNew Edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.