All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPip, a young orphan living in the care of his older sister and her kind husband, is called upon in his youth under strange circumstances by the mysterious Miss Havisham to entertain her. After carrying out an apprenticeship in his brother-in-law's Blacksmiths, he receives an offer of support from an unexpected character from his past...
Classics Illustrated tells this wonderful tale in colorful comic strip form, offering an excellent introduction for younger readers. This edition also includes theme discussions and study questions, which can be used both in the classroom or at home to further engage the reader in the story.
The Classics Illustrated comic book series began life in 1941 with its first issue, Alexandre Dumas The Three Musketeers, and has since included over 200 classic tales released around the world. This new edition is specifically tailored to engage and educate young readers with some of the greatest works ever written, while still thrilling older readers who have loving memories of this series of old. Each book contains dedicated theme discussions and study questions to further develop the reader s understanding and enjoyment of the work at hand.
- Author BiographyHilary Burningham is a former teacher and the author of the Graphic Shakespeare series. Chris Rowlatt is an illustrator and artist.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens
- PublisherClassic Comic Store Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Series TitleClassics Illustrated
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 20
- Place of PublicationThatcham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClassic Comic Store Ltd
- Content NoteFully Illustrated
- Weight150 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Henry C. Kiefer
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.