All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreat From the Start suggests how to build corporations that answer the fundamental philosophical question never answered by the Founding Fathers: What are the rights and moral responsibilities of our corporations? This question is especially pressing in an interdependent global ecomic system dominated by multinational corporations. Great from the Start applies the business secrets of Silicon Valley to show you how build companies that awaken a planetary conscience that protects t only their shareholders but also society and the environment. Such corporations are also conscious and designed to attract success in an interdependent ecomy. Why conscious?* First, to thrive, a corporation must be awake to make conscious decisions with inspired people who are united by a common purpose and shared values.* Second, a corporation must be aware of all of its stakeholders' needs and the complexities of today's world. Without this awareness, the prevailing concept of the corporation existing solely to maximize profit for shareholders will limit its success.* Finally, because the law endows it with many of the rights of personhood, a corporation must be conscious to act appropriately as a responsible global citizen.
- Author BiographyJohn Montgomery is a corporate attorney and entrepreneur. He is the founder of Montgomery & Hansen, LLP, a corporate law firm in Silicon Valley. He is also the founder of Startworks, a technology incubator, and co-founder of Chrysallis, a human development company.
- Author(s)John B Montgomery
- PublisherMorgan James Publishing llc
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNewport News
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan James Publishing llc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.