All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.25
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.71
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $58.94
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $44.07
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $32.41
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.65
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.99
About this product
- DescriptionA complete guide to nature's spiciest spice. Sometimes kwn as the stinking rose, garlic has proven to be a mighty and miraculous boon to eating, loving and other delicious activities. From its aphrodisiac qualities to being the bane of vampires, Feifer shares garlic's secrets ... as well as many tasty recipes. Numerous sidebars filled with fascinating facts. And hundreds of delightful illustrations by Billy Steers.
- Author BiographyGrowing up in the 1940s, I knew my mother declined to reveal the makings of her salad dressing to admiring guests because its base was olive oil, which almost everyone we knew in northern New Jersey considered disgusting. Garlic was even worse, and my interest in it would surely have come much later in my life if I hadn't settled in Europe after my college years and naval service. The move had been all but fated by reading novels set there and chafing all the more under the restrictions of American Puritanism. Cliched as it sounds, decades of adventure followed, interspersed with writing, as much as anything because I didn't know what else to do-certainly not spend my days in a disciplined office. While the goal is still to write a decent sentence in English, it's now diluted by visions of a delicious supper.
- Author(s)Billy Steers,George Feifer
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.