All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook (fully updated 2014) contains all you need to plan and enjoy a holiday walking or cycling along Scotland's historic Great Glen (77 miles/125 km). The Way runs between Fort William and Inverness, beside Scotland's highest mountain, along the historic Caledonian Canal and past beautiful lochs, including Loch Ness with its famous monster legend and Urquhart Castle. The drop-down map flap shows the whole route in five panels; on rainproof paper throughout; in full colour, with 90 photographs; visitor attractions and hills to climb including Ben Nevis; town plans of Fort William and Inverness; background on local geology, history and wildlife; summary of each section showing distance, terrain, altitude profile and food/drink stops; planning information for travel by car, train, bus or plane.
- Author BiographyJacquetta Megarry took up long-distance walking and high-altitude trekking in 1999, and founded Rucksack Readers to deliver walking guidebooks in a rainproof, rucksack-friendly format. Sandra Bardwell lives at Drumnadrochit in the Great Glen and walks the Great Glen Way frequently. In recent years she has written guidebooks for Lonely Planet, Rucksack Readers and Sunflower Books.
- Author(s)Jacquetta Megarry,Sandra Bardwell
- PublisherRucksack Readers
- Date of Publication11/08/2014
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationDunblane
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRucksack Readers
- Content Note90 colour photographs
- Weight200 g
- Width145 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsConcealed wire
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.