All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreat Health Care is enlightening and entertaining. It's a must read for physicians, patients, health policymakers and administrators, and the interested public---anyone who wants to understand what great health care is, and how we might build it together. The authors share their stories and motivations and the methods they have used to transform care for their own patients within their own practices and health systems. They thoughtfully explore how we got into this mess, how we can get out of it, and the barriers to making it happen. It is t only the impact of chronic diseases on our health and ecomy that draws us to this subject. It is the intriguing and rewarding potential for improving the status quo through redesigning how chronic disease care is provided and paid for. (Timothy Harrington, MD) You can't do things differently until you see things differently. (Eric Newman, MD) We start people on the road to recovery, but the 12 weeks of cardiac rehabilitation is just the warm-up period. The really important part is what happens afterward. (Richard Lueker, MD, Beth McCormick, MS) We believe the extra-ordinary efforts of our program coordinators are key to our clients' wellbeing and our unusually low readmission rate. (Kathi Farrell, RN, BSN, PHN, Kathleen Sullivan, RN, MSN) In real life, we are t usually given the chance to have a do-over. But we are given the chance to continuously improve. With the right skill sets, and the right partners, we can transform. (Eric Newman, MD)
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/12/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 40 colour illustrations, 22 black & white tables, biography
- Weight421 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byEric D. Newman,J. Harrington
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.