All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionJob A Man of Colossal Faith in the Face of Overwhelming Tragedy Job, a study in pathetic tragedy ...a hapless victim of unfair treatment. His disastrous circumstances overwhelmed him. His boil-covered body tormented him. His so-called friends belittled him. His distraught wife discouraged him. Even God seemed to desert him?letting Satan have his devilish way. And Job sat patiently by, enduring it all. Not a portrait of a hero. Or is it? Could a man with ordinary internal fortitude stay faithful as Job did? Could a wimp endure the excruciating pain, suffering, and loss that this man did? No hero? Think again. After a year of focused research into the life of Job, Charles Swindoll says, Job appears boldly in the ancient book of the Bible that bears his name, and yet most of us have t taken the time to examine his life in depth. But a careful study of Job's life will convince us that this is ather of God's amazing men with heroic character qualities worth emulating. Travel with Swindoll into the world of Job: A Man of Heroic Endurance. Even if it was written in Scripture long ago, you can be sure it's written for us. So pay close attention to Job's life. Who kws what God will do next in your life?
- Author BiographyCharles R. Swindoll has devoted his life to the clear, practical teaching and application of God's Word. He currently pastors Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, Texas, and serves as the chancellor of Dallas Theological Seminary. His renowned Insight for Living radio program airs around the world. Chuck and Cynthia, his partner in life and ministry, have four grown children and ten grandchildren.
- Author(s)Charles R. Swindoll
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication03/06/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleGreat Lives from God's Word
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintThomas Nelson Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.