Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionAlacrity Press is proud to republish Charles F. Horne's series, Great Men and Famous Women. First published in 1894, Horne's profiles of over 200 men and women, who shaped the course of history, have inspired generations of readers, including a young and future president - Harry S. Truman. As relevant today, as when first published, the deeds and accomplishments of history's great men and women will challenge and encourage readers to leave their own mark on history. The original series was made up of four books; each printed in two parts for a total of eight volumes. This new version organizes each of the two-part books into single volumes, with a total of four volumes. Workmen and Heros, the third volume of the four-volume set, includes profiles of: Robert Bruce, King Richard, Zebia, Leif Ericson, Hans Gutenberg, Christopher Columbus, Cyrus Field, Nathan Hale, David Livingstone, Marie Antoinette, Florence Nightingale, Queen Victoria and Thomas Edison.
- Author BiographyCharles F. Horne was an American writer born in 1870. A professor of English, at City College in New York, Horne was renown for his multi-volume history series which included: Great Men and Famous Women and The Great Events by Famous Historians. Horne passed away in 1942.
- Author(s)Charles F Horne
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.