All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you are an experienced biker or just discovering the joys of touring, this is the perfect introduction to the most inspiring motorcycle routes in Europe. Packed with breathtaking photography and practical information, Great Motorcycle Tours of Europe contains everything you need to plan an unforgettable trip. Motorcycle adventurer Colette Coleman takes you bend-by-bend along the narrowest passes and up the steepest climbs as you ride through some of the most impressive scenery in Europe. Experience the swy peaks of Norway's Arctic Circle, head to the balmy French Riviera, ride through the valleys and peaks of the Italian Dolomites, tackle the twists and turns of Romania's Transfagarasan Highway and cruise down to the Aegean Sea. Over 200 stunning images are accompanied by insightful commentary from an author who has been exploring the world by motorcycle for over 25 years. Each tour features a locator map together with a fact file giving practical information on the route's length and terrain (from rocky tracks to swy roads), highlighting local colour such as sites, events and the wildlife you might encounter, and including a wide range of valuable tips that will enhance your ride. This beautiful book is the definitive, all-purpose motorcycle reference, whether you are planning your own adventure or just enjoying some of the best views on the continent.
- Author BiographyColette Coleman has been riding bikes for 25 years over four continents and considers it the best form of transport on which to explore the globe. In 1995 Colette and her husband spent two years motorcycling overland from England to Australia, covering 15 countries and 40,000 kilometres. In 2007 she wrote Great Motorcycle Journeys of the World (New Holland), an inspirational guide to riding motorcycles around the globe. Colette has written articles for Summit hotels and resorts magazine, the Telegraph, Motorcycle Rider (BMF magazine), MCN and Honda Dream magazine.
- Author(s)Colette Coleman
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Content Note200 colour illustrations, plus specially commissioned maps
- Weight1440 g
- Width261 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.