All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionLondon to Sheffield by Rail is a fascinating record of forty different sites that can be seen from the window of a train travelling from London to Sheffield. The route runs through London (St Pancras), St Albans, Harpenden, Luton, Ampthill, Bedford, Wellingborough, Market Harborough, Leicester, Derby, Chesterfield, and finally to Sheffield. Some of the interesting subjects looked at include St Albans city (including Verulamium, St Albans Cathedral, St Nicholas Church in Harpenden, Luton Hoo, Luton Airport, Houghton House near Ampthill, Bedford and its history, St Pauls Church in Bedford, The River Nene, and Foxton Locks on the Leicester Arm of the Grand Union Canal. In a follow up to the highly successful London to Birmingham by Rail, this is a must read for anybody who kws and uses this line.
- Author BiographyRoger is an Accountant and Chartered Secretary and has had a career as a Finance Director and Company Secretary. He now writes and presents seminars for directors and company secretaries, writes books and undertakes consultancy work. He lives in Leighton Buzzard and is married with three children and five grandchildren. For many years he has been involved in public speaking (has held senior positions in Toastmasters International) and writing professionally, and these two interests play a significant part in his life. He presents lectures on cruise ships and these are of course intended to be entertaining and interesting. With his wife he enjoys the theatre and walking, and has a continuing fascination with trains.
- Author(s)Roger Mason
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Series TitleGreat Railway Journeys
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Weight295 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.