All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering diverse perspectives on the black experience, this anthology of short fiction spotlights works by influential African-American authors. Nearly thirty outstanding stories include tales by W. E. B. Du Bois, Zora Neale Hurston, Claude McKay, and Jamaica Kinkaid. From the turn of the twentieth century come Alice Ruth Moore's A Carnival Jangle, Charles W. Chesnutt's Uncle Wellington's Wives, and Paul Laurence Dunbar's The Scapegoat. Other stories include Becky by Jean Toomer; Afteron by Ralph Ellison; Langston Hughes's Feet Live Their Own Life; and Mama's Missionary Money by Chester Himes. Samples of more recent fiction include tales by Jervey Tervalon, Rosemarie Robotham, and Breena Clarke. Ideal for browsing, this collection is also suitable for courses in African-American studies and American literature.
- Author BiographyBob Blaisdell is professor of English at the City University of New York's Kingsborough Community College and the editor of twenty-two Dover literature and poetry collections.
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleDover Thrift Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight259 g
- Width136 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBob Blaisdell,Bob Laisdell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $78.99
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.