All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Great Smoky Mountains, which is part of an International Biosphere Reserve and contains nearly 200,000 acres of old growth forest. The extraordinary mosaic of life zones -- including the world's finest example of a temperate deciduous forest -- supports an estimated 5,600 species of trees, shrubs, and herbs including more than 1,600 species of flowering plants. This beautifully illustrated guide highlights over 140 familiar and unique species of trees, shrubs and wildflowers. Laminated for durability, this lightweight, pocket-sized folding guide is an excellent source of portable information and ideal for field use by visitors and residents alike. Made in the USA.
- Author BiographyZoologist James Kavanagh has researched and written more than 450 publications pertaining to wildlife observation and outdoor recreation. His unique talent is in taking complex information and synthesizing the salient points to make knowledge about nature and the outdoors more accessible to novices, and to present quick, portable reference information for more experienced wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts. His books have sold more than 5 million copies worldwide.
- Author(s)James Kavanagh
- PublisherWaterford Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Series TitlePocket Naturalist Guide Series
- Place of PublicationBlaine, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWaterford Press Ltd
- Content NoteFull color throughout
- Weight42 g
- Width95 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dr. Raymond Leung
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.