About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Great-Snakes: A Variation on a Classical Theme Mr. Bouverie woke, unrefreshed and gazed vacantly about the room, blinking. For a few moments it occurred to him that he was still dreaming, for his eyes lit on ne of those objects with which, on their first opening for the day, they were familiar. To begin with, this was t his bedroom. It was t, indeed, anybody's bedroom. It was a sitting-room. The seven dozen of assorted photographs, calling cards, and invitations which fringed the mirror, the cottage pia, the solid round table in the middle of the floor, the microscope on the roll-top desk, the stuffed trout on one side of the fireplace and the case of missel thrushes on the other, the butterfly-cabinet on the what-t, the syphon and decanter on the sideboard. Mr. Bouverie rose unsteadily to his feet. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)William Caine
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.