All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe first personal narrative about World War II was published two months after America entered the war on December 8, 1941. Between then and the year following the end of the war, over 500 of these narratives were published to feed the public's need to kw about the war. These eyewitness accounts, written by war correspondents, service men and women, home front civilians, and defense workers, were a welcome change to the stark military dispatches printed in the daily press. Great Stories of World War II provides a fully antated, bibliographic listing of each of these sources. Additionally, each entry includes citations for any reviews the work received in any of six major American reviewing journals. This unique guide provides personal insights into race relations, sexual conduct, combat, missionary life, life as a prisoner of war, concentration camp experiences, and military and civilian politics of the war years from both the male and female perspective. Remarkably detailed and generally uncensored, these disclosures of life during the Second World War constitute an invaluable and underutilized resource for historians, geographers, and students of this great historical event.
- Author BiographyArthur Coleman is Professor of English at Long Island University in Brookville, NY. He is the author of six books and numerous articles. Hildy Neel teaches at Rochester Community and Technical College in Rochester, New York.
- Author(s)Arthur Coleman,Hildy Neel
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2004
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width140 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.