All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionEven as seas rise against the shores, ather great tide is beginning to rise -- a tide of outrage against the pillage of the planet, a tide of commitment to justice and human rights, a swelling affirmation of moral responsibility to the future and to Earth's fullness of life. Philosopher and nature essayist Kathleen Dean Moore takes on the essential questions: Why is it wrong to wreck the world? What is our obligation to the future? What is the transformative power of moral resolve? How can clear thinking stand against the lies and illogic that batter the chances for positive change? What are useful answers to the recurring questions of a storm-threatened time -- What can anyone do? Is there any hope? And always this: What stories and ideas will lift people who deeply care, inspiring them to move forward with clarity and moral courage?
- Author BiographyKathleen Dean Moore is the author of numerous award winning environmental books. She was awarded the Sigurd Olson Nature writing award for Holdfast: A Home in the Natural World. She holds a Ph.D. from the University of Colorado. As Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Oregon State University, she taught critical thinking and environmental ethics, and co-founded the Spring Creek Project for Ideas, Nature, and the Written Word. She blogs regularly at riverwalking.com. She lives in Corvallis, OR.
- Author(s)Kathleen Dean Moore
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight614 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.