Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booksourcesonlineaustralia
- Est. delivery by 7 Feb
- AU $10.95+ AU $12.10 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by sparkey202000
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
About this product
- DescriptionFunny, familiar and deeply moving, these true stories of Australian working horses stretch over three generations and every part of our continent. Teams of powerful, labouring Clydesdales, patient and spirited saddle horses, brave police mounts and talented Olympic competitors canter through its pages, their stories told first-hand by the owners who cared for and worked alongside them. Follow country tracks in a hawker's wagon, visit floodlit arenas with thumping music where horses perform with quiet trust, and trudge mountains where brumbies run. Trick riders, talented trainers and outback stockmen share their secrets. Updated with many contemporary tales, this new edition is an unmissable treat for horse-lovers.
- Author BiographyAngela Goode works on a farm near Naracoorte, South Australia, where cattle graze and bush stone curlews call. She has spent her writing life bringing the images and issues of rural Australia to a wider audience in books, newspaper columns, and on radio. From 1981 to 2008 she wrote a country column for the Advertiser in Adelaide. The many editions of Great Working Dog Stories and Great Working Horse Stories, alongside For Love of the Land, celebrate working lives beyond the cities - where animals and humans are expected to pull their weight. In 2008 she was inducted by Rural Media South Australia as a Rural Media Icon...Angela spent many years in the saddle-mustering buffalo, trail riding on bullock tracks, hunting, jumping logs, and sometimes falling off. Her horses know little about hard work these days.
- Author(s)Angela Goode
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication12/01/2009
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.