All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoes your job involve figure work that brings you out in a cold sweat? Do you increasingly have to focus on and understand spreadsheets, financial statements, ratios and other number-based nightmares? Relax - 'Great at my job - Crap at Numbers' is a practical and fun guide to getting to grips with the arithmetic. Covering all of the intimidating mathematical challenges you are likely to face in your career, it uses humorous examples to illustrate serious points about the usefulness of arithmetic in everyday life. By approaching the topic with explanations of real-life examples from the media, advertisements, products and services the book allows you to connect easily to all those scary figures you have to juggle every day. Mac Bride has made his supporting website with some fun stuff and useful resources: http://www.crapatnumbers.net/ Areas covered include: Mental Maths Termilogy in everyday use e.g. mathematics, arithmetic; millions/billions Unwholesome numbers: fractions and decimals Common Conversions e.g. Mph:kph; Mpg:kpg; Miles:Km; Temperature: Fahrenheit: Celsius; Time Zones; Exchange rates Ratios and proportions Measuring business performance: Priceless percentages Averages: Mode, Median and Mean Probability and odds Entree Ecomics Show me my money: Personal Finance Each chapter builds on the last and ends with practice tests, answers and explanations, helping you to consolidate what you are learning. NOT GOT MUCH TIME? One and five-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. AUTHOR INSIGHTS Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience. EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE Extra online articles at www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of how to crunch numbers. TRY THIS Fun exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Author BiographyMac Bride has many years' experience of teaching maths and computing. This invaluable teaching background has made him a much sought-after author in the UK and internationally. Heidi Smith is the author-editor of a series of psychometric testing books and has several years experience designing and managing training programmes for businesses.
- Author(s)Heidi Smith,Peter Stokes
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication27/08/2010
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Series TitleTeach Yourself Business Skills
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width129 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.