All listings for this product
About this product
- Description"Murray and Blessing have picked up the baton, as it were, from Schlesinger as the recorders of temporal evolution in the opinions of historians regarding U.S. presidents. The results of their recent update poll, subsequent to the publication of Greatness in the White House, of just under five hundred historians-the first such poll to include Ronald Reagan-were presented at a meeting of the Organization of American Historians in April, 1991...The most ambitious objective of studies of presidential greatness, suggested in the authors' summary, is to identify the characteristics which make a successful president, in order to predict the performance of candidates. Murray and Blessing provide a fairly comprehensive survey of the studies that attempt this."-Maryland Historical Magazine Praise for the first edition "Greatness in the White House provides us with the latest of the presidential polls, and the finest...In seven chapters and a concluding section, [Murray and Blessing] discuss the ratings game, past polls as well as their own.Successive chapters follow on appearance, background, character, personality, and administrative achievements-as rating criteria- and reactions to presidential rankings. "-The Historian "Those who criticize presidential ranking 'games' for attempting to quantify the unquantifiable should welcome this report, possibly as much for what it tells us about American historians as for its specific tabulations."-The Journal of Southern History Robert K. Murray is Professor Emeritus of History at the Pennsylvania State University. Tim H. Blessing is Associate Professor of History at Alvernia College.
- Author BiographyRobert K. Murray is Professor Emeritus of History at the Pennsylvania State University. Tim H. Blessing is Associate Professor of History at Alvernia College.
- Author(s)Robert K. Murray,Tim H. Blessing
- PublisherPennsylvania State University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1993
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPennsylvania State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight273 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.